Licaso® is an add-on to Lighting Analysts software programs AGi32 and ElumTools. It can only operate with environments prepared by those software packages.
To begin using Licaso from within AGi32 or ElumTools you will need to set up your model for daylight calculations. Additional details are provided in respective sections of this resource, see the links below.
These basic instructions below may be suitable for seasoned users of AGi32 and/or ElumTools.
Required in both AGi32 and ElumTools:
1. Make sure the LAI Weather Database is installed.
2. Set the site location and orientation.
3. Select the Perez All-Weather Sky.
4. Find the closest weather station to your site location.
Required in AGi32:
1. Place windows, skylights or openings and include a "transition surface" to capture the daylight.
2. Set the surface type to "Daylight transition...". This is an automatic setting when performing #1 if accepted.
3. Set the transparency (Fresnel) or transmittance (diffuse) for the transition surface.
4. Make sure the transition surfaces face inward (winkies face in). This can be adjusted in Surface Edit.
5. Place calculation points on the appropriate work planes or surfaces at the necessary spacing. IES LM-83-14 requires points 2' on center on 2.5' workplane. Do not use a larger spacing as this affects the location of the daylight meters and subsequent accuracy of the calculations.
6. Select the Annual Daylight Simulation command from the Daylight drop-down menu.
Required in ElumTools:
1. If you have exterior objects that must be considered such as other buildings, light shades, etc. that are on the exterior, you must use ElumTools to "Create Daylight Views" so that you can separate geometry by interior and exterior surfaces.
2. Step #1 can be handy even if you don't need to consider exterior objects as you can hide all extraneous objects and details that are not important to the overall calculation such as furniture.
3. Make sure the windows and skylights face the correct direction (winkies in). Enable the Daylight Transition Surface Direction indicators from within ElumTools Calculation Viewer.
4. Place calculation points on the appropriate work planes or surfaces at the necessary spacing. IES LM-83-14 states 2' on center on 2.5' workplane. Do not use a larger spacing as this affects the location of the daylight meters and subsequent accuracy of the calculations.
5. Enable Daylight mode.
6. Enable the Annual Simulation from the button in the Daylight Parameters dialog.
7. Calculate Rooms, Spaces, Regions, Areas or By View (preferred).